Acne scars are not just unsightly – they’re often a contributing factor of body image and self-esteem issues. Once you’ve beaten your acne problem, the next step is getting rid of the scars. Acne scar treatment in San Diego is available through a number of non-surgical procedures to improve the look and feel of your skin.
Types Of Acne Scars
Not all acne scarring is the same. At the San Diego Cosmetic Laser Clinic, we use dermal fillers to treat the following types of scars:
- Ice pick scars: These are the most common and appear as narrow pits in the skin;
- Boxcar scars: Have the look of chicken pox scars with angular edges;
- Rolling scars: These appear as a wave on the skin due to their large width and shallow depth;
- Hypertrophic scars: Though the appearance can fade over time, hypertrophic scars are raised areas of skin atop the original site of the blemish;
- Keloid scars: These are similar to hypertrophic scars, except they extend beyond the boundaries of the affected area and can become firm and irritated.
Dermal Fillers for Acne Scars
Two of most common acne scar treatment services available are Juvederm and Restylane. Both produce results that last for one to two years. For a full list of services, visit our guide to choosing the best dermal filler for your needs.
- Juvederm: Both types of Juvederm—XC and Voluma XC—work for acne scars by reducing their appearance. Juvederm XC is best for the mouth and nose area, while Voluma XC is best for the cheeks as they require a deeper injection. It is also works well for hypertrophic scars.
- Restylane: This hypoallergenic filler is comprised of hyaluronic acid found naturally in your skin. Restylane is injected deep into the folds of your skin to moisten, tighten and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. Because Restylane is injected at the site of a depressed scar, the result is a raised scar that looks even in comparison to surrounding areas. It is best for rolling scars and hypertrophic scars.
San Diego Cosmetic Laser Clinic
In addition to scar removal, at San Diego Cosmetic Laser Clinic we also offer acne treatments for existing breakouts. Prices will vary based on your treatment of choice, but compared to painful surgeries and other acne scar removal procedures, our treatments are cost effective and deliver optimal results.
To schedule a consultation to understand more about why you’re breaking out and which treatment type is best for your skin, call 619-583-7555. Dr. Parvin Mani consults with each patient personally to discuss their skin issues and recommend a course of treatment that will work best for them to achieve their desired results.