When you age, loss of volume in your skin and lips is very common. In many people this loss of volume can have a noticeable effect on appearance, such as facial wrinkles and thin lips. Older methods of cosmetic surgery involved facelifts and lengthy inpatient procedures to restore your skin to its youthful appearance.
However, advancements in filler technology now allow you to restore volume and fullness to your skin and lips using non-surgical procedures that can be completed in a single day. Keep reading to learn more about one such treatment.
What Is Restylane?
Restylane was originally developed in Sweden and is a wrinkle filler made from non-animal-sourced hyaluronic acid. It has been approved by the FDA for facial injections and cosmetic treatment. Currently restylane lip injections are used mainly to treat face wrinkles and lines and as a lip injection.
A key feature of this treatment is how soft it is. When used as a cosmetic treatment, the result is a smooth and natural-feeling filler that revitalizes the skin and lips. This is a very popular treatment and has been used worldwide in millions of cosmetic procedures.
Are You A Good Candidate For Treatment?
Restylane is an excellent choice if you need need lip augmentation to increase fullness or restore lip definition. What makes this treatment highly versatile is it is non-surgical. It can be completed within a day, requires very little recovery time and requires no hospital stay.
If you need a quicker, non-invasive procedure or are unable to have surgery due to health concerns, this type of treatment is ideal.
The Treatment Procedure
The treatment procedure is relatively simple and can be completed in less than an hour when performed by a skilled practitioner. While minor details can vary depending on the practitioner, the standard process is as follows:
- Local anesthesia is applied in the form of a numbing cream to the areas receiving injections. This is commonly done 15 to 20 minutes before the procedure.
- After prepping, the procedure itself normally takes up to 30 minutes.
- The injections are performed using small needles. Due to the needle size and numbing agents, the process produces very little (if any) pain.
- After injections, the practitioner smoothes and massages the injection area to ensure even distribution and a natural look.
- While there is no downtime after treatment, there may be minor side effects, such as bruising or swelling, that go away within a few days.
A Non-Surgical Solution
When you need fuller lips or just rejuvenation, Restylane is an effective non-surgical treatment that can be completed within hours and has no long-term recovery requirements.
Contact San Diego Cosmetic Laser today for all your lip augmentation and filler needs. Their highly skilled staff and state-of-the-art equipment has earned them numerous awards for patient care and quality results. Contact them today to learn more.