Do you have a double chin that just refuses to go away? If so, there are procedures to get rid of the extra fat under your chin. In the past, this meant going under the knife for a complicated surgical procedure, but luckily today a better path exists. San Diego Cosmetic Laser Clinic offers two very effective non-surgical double chin treatments, Kybella and Coolsculpting.
What is Kybella Double Chin Treatment?
Kybella is a very effective treatment to get rid of fat under the chin, holding the distinction of being the only injectable to get approved by the FDA as a treatment for a double chin. Kybella breaks down fat cells under the chin and then absorbs the cells, while also working to prevent fat from accumulating in the area in the future. The absorbed fat is then removed from the body by the natural metabolic process, literally melting the fat away.
What is Coolsculpting Double Chin Treatment?
Coolsculpting has long been a trusted body contouring treatment, but only recently has the FDA approved Coolsculpting for use on smaller areas of the body, including under the chin. Coolsculpting is a minimally invasive and non-surgical treatment that works to remove unwanted fat, using cryotherapy to freeze fat cells and eliminate them. Once frozen, the fat cells will be eliminated through the metabolic process.
The Similarities Between Kybella and Coolsculpting
Kybella and Coolsculpting have quite a bit in common in how they go about treating you. Here are a few of the similarities between the two double chin treatments.
- They get rid of excess fat stored below the chin, giving you a sleeker and more attractive appearance
- They are non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that requires no downtime or recovery
- The side effects are minor, and usually include only a bit of bruising, swelling, or redness
- For best results, a couple of treatments are needed
The Differences Between Kybella and Coolsculpting
While the end result of Kybella and Coolsculpting is the same, there are crucial differences between the two treatments. Here are a few of the most notable differences between Kybella and Coolsculpting double chin treatment.
- Kybella is an injectable treatment, so if you don’t like needles, it might not be for you
- Since Kybella is an injectable, it can treat smaller and more isolated areas
- Coolsculpting uses an applicator, with no needles involved
- Coolsculpting is great for older patients with loose skin
- Coolsculpting treats an entire area, not small targeted areas
Kybella and Coolsculpting Double Chin Treatment in San Diego
If you are looking for double chin treatment, San Diego Cosmetic Laser Clinic can help. Our team of experts can determine whether Kybella or Coolsculpting is the best treatment method to get rid of your double chin, taking into account a variety of different factors. If you would like more information or would like to schedule a free consultation, contact San Diego Cosmetic Laser Clinic today. Give us a call at (619) 583-7555.